Saturday, November 14, 2015

Real World OCaml - Day 2

I've just gone through chapter 2 (Variables and functions) on Day 1 and I realize that I need to play around with it a lot before I am comfortable with what's going on.

Also, it's taken me about 4 hours to digest the first chapter and semi-digest the second chapter. This is about 50 pages, or 1/10 of the book. Without further assumptions I'm looking at about 32 hours to finish the entire book, or 16 hours to finish the first part (Language Concepts). Every chapter in Language Concepts look useful. With only 5 days to work on this (remaining days are spent packing) I need to work 6 hours a day to finish the book or a bit over 3 hours a day to finish part II.

Let's go.

Progress========================

10:35 am: working through named arguments and optional arguments examples thoroughly.
10:49 am: Now onto Lists and Patterns.
12:00 am: I've finished and digested Lists and Patterns. I will be moving on to 99 problems - OCaml
https://ocaml.org/learn/tutorials/99problems.html

No comments:

Post a Comment